Wednesday, February 13, 2008

ADP going to $43 by mid-March

One trade that I am currently and would to discuss is ADP. I got in to the trade on December 3rd of 07. I bought 20 contracts of the Jan10 $40 leap for $9.50 each and the stock went up and on Dec 10th I sold it for the 5% profit I was looking for. Well, unfortunately I only sold 1/2 the position and then the market turned down. Looking at figure 1, You can see the stock traded sideways for a while then dropped like a rock. It dropped so, did I sell options against my position? No, I missed it. Missing moves like that is part I the reason I started trading using action/Reaction Lines and Andrews Pitchfork.



There are 2 other things I want to point out from the chart. First, I wanted to point out areas in red. Look at the action area. Next, look at the reaction area. They almost mirror each other. Also, the reaction area hit the lower prong of the pitchfork and bounced off of it. You can see that the MACD went up and did not go negative. Since the lower prong is a support level, it confirms that the stock is headed for the target. The second thing I wanted to point out is my prediction and it s $43 on or before March 10th.

Also, I had a position sell today for a profit, STJ. So, I have some cash that free up. I will be looking for a new position to trade. I will be waiting for a down day(DOW and Qs) to trade per the rules of Compound Stock Earnings. As soon as I find a trade, I will post it and we will go through it from start to finish.

No comments: