Friday, February 8, 2008

Longer term predictions for the DOW's and the Qs'



Fig 1.

Not too long along ago I gave a my short term prediction for the DOW. Now, I thought I would take a look at the DOW to see if I could tell if where the DOW was going in the next 6 months. So, looking at a weekly chart and applying the tools I use, I have come to the conclusion the DOW has hit a bottom, the bias is up and is now trading in a sideways channel You can see this in Fig. 1
Looking at the action/reaction lines the DOW ends Feb. begins March at the 13,400 level. Then it should retrace that upward move. How far down the retracement goes, I can't tell yet. But, then it will reverse and climb to the previous levels of Oct. ,14,200 by the end July of this year.

The scary thing about this prediction I was watching TV and some of the talking heads were making the same prediction. They must have been reading my blog.


Fig 2.


Now for the QQQQ. It looks like the same story as the DOW. We have hit bottom and the Qs will climb to the $50 level by April and then will test the highs of Oct 07 of $55 by Sept.

Well, I hope I am right and my bank account hopes I'm right and the mortgage company hopes I'm right and the credit card companies hope I'm right but, we will see.

No comments: